Mobile applications provide businesses around the world with opportunities not previously available. They allow you to engage with your customers, clients, and workforce. Smartphones are ubiquitous today, and put your business in the hands of your audience.
If you’re not using the power of mobile applications to engage your customers, your competitors probably are. Furthermore, in a competitive landscape, mobile apps improve organizational efficiency by keeping your workforce engaged no matter where they are.
Engage Your Workforce
Managing workers remotely is a big factor in determining how successful a business it and how it compares with its competitors. Lack of effective communication with your workers can lead to miscommunication and decreased motivation. Companies with remote staff and offices are especially at risk in this regard. Fortunately, technology has come up with a solution for this.
Mobile applications have provided an excellent way in which businesses can communicate with their workers. However, they need to be designed correctly and need to take into account the needs of your organization.
Improve Knowledge Sharing
In a normal office setting, workers can interact with each other and share information but in remote situations, this becomes tricky. Knowledge sharing apps can help alleviate this isolation in a variety of different methods:
- Centralized Information Hub - by giving the team a single location to access communication is improved. Offering a single with all the relevant project knowledge ensures the right people are informed and aware.
- Communication Tools - apps that offer an integrated chat channel, help improve your team's ability to ask the right question. In addition, by having built-in search functionality, questions and answers can be stored in one place for future retrieval. This tool also enables simple communication from senior leadership to the company at large.
- Integrated Knowledge - having an app with an integrated knowledge base ensures that the answer is literally at your team's fingertips. Articles and knowledge can be shared based on common issues experienced.
The modern world offers many choices to customers. Customers today can access providers of services and goods from anywhere around the globe. Attracting customers is no longer enough to build your business, the biggest challenge is retaining the customers.
Mobile application development should focus on retaining customers. It is no secret that online shopping is the fastest growing mode of shopping in the world today. There are ways to ensure that it pays even more dividends when paired with mobile.
Rewarding Loyal Customers
Mobile applications improve the customer experience of your business. Mobile applications can be designed to encourage customers to shop more frequently or purchase more items. A great way to accomplish this is to offer privileges to customers such as discounts or cash rewards.
The mobile app could also record the shopping trends of the customer. With this data, useful purchasing suggestions can be given. Furthermore, it becomes possible to give even more rewards: the more loyal the customer is, the more privileges they get. This is a good move to retain customers.
Location Based Special Offers
Mobile smartphones offer GPS services. When this capability is paired correctly with a mobile app, additional targeting opportunities can be realized by businesses.
Special “offers” can be delivered directly to a consumer that match their buying preferences which help drive traffic to local businesses.
The best mobile apps for customers allow them to interact with the business as easily as possible. This way, they can always get the support they need about the product they buy.
An important mobile app feature is the ability for customers to give feedback. In-built feedback forms make this easy and allows the business to understand the needs of the customer better.
Role of AI in Mobile Apps for Business
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the branch of computer science that focuses on developing machines that work like humans. AI is perhaps the next big thing in the technology world. The technology is taking over everything – from home automation to self-driving cars to mobile applications. AI is designed to make life easier. Examples of this can be seen in products such as Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
Currently, mobile app development companies are continuously adapting AI as an integral part of their app development. This means apps that can adapt, learn, reason and plan are being developed. There are certain areas where AI can be quite useful already when it comes to mobile apps.
- Enhancing perfection and accuracy.
- It enables completion of boring and monotonous activities effectively and efficiently.
- Enhances customer satisfaction.
- Enhances efficiency in our daily activities – e.g, detecting places, eateries and areas to visit while traveling.
- Enhances personalization – AI technology uses your daily habits to come up with a personalized theme for your mobile device. This is evident for instance in predictive replies.
AI is still in its infancy, however. Future generations will be significantly more powerful and useful and will require less human intervention.
The best mobile applications in business are generally applications that have high performance. Apps that are fast loading increases their effectiveness and efficiency to the user. They should also offer good customer support especially when they are made for the customer. These apps should also have AI integrated into them so that they can adapt to the user's needs.
As an award winning mobile application development company, Konverge understands these requirements. Konverge has been developing custom software and mobile applications for 25 years. To learn more about our mobile application development, contact us for a free consultation today or fill out the form below.