Reporting to the Project Manager, the Software engineer is responsible for designing and implementing new development projects, and completing and augmenting the current solutions and services. They will collaborate with Senior Software Architect, Developers, and Quality Assurance throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and technically solid.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry related experience.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Collaborate with teammates to plan, design, develop, test and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Design, develop and unit test applications according to our established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess application and process improvement opportunities and prepare rationale.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks on time.
- Provide estimates on work tasks.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented software design and development.
- Knowledge of Linq and Entity Framework technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 or higher, including (but not limited to) ASP.NET, C#, Web Services, XML.
- ASP .NET MVC 4.0, .NET 4.5 framework and Visual Studio 2012
- Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher database design and development.
- JQuery, MVP (design pattern knowledge), Enterprise 5.0, Telerik Controls, Web client composite factory.
- Experience in the following areas is considered a strong asset:
- SSIS and SSRS;
- Configuring and developing customizations for Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2012, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Developing each project as a product
- Source control management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, NUnit would be an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and relational databases, including database theory, and a strong understanding of business data structures
- Ability to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Konverge is a custom software development consulting firm located in Toronto that provides unique technology solutions driven by a customer-centric and collaborative process approach. Konverge develops business software from an evolving knowledge base that employs the Konverge Teams technical services to fulfill your business vision.
If you have strong communication and organizational skills and committed to excellence in delivering extraordinary customer service, check out our website: www.konverge.com. Please apply to this opportunity by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting - .NET Software Engineer. We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.